Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Yacca Library offers a research and study hub for Queensland Health Staff, medical and nursing students and local health professionals. Our library staff also support our members who are conducting post graduate studies, research activities (including clinical audits, quality improvement projects, writing for publication and more) see our NWHHS staff support tab for more information.
- Collection of contemporary clinical texts and DVDs for loan
- Quiet, air conditioned space for work and study.
- Free printing, scanning and photocopying.
- Computers to access Queensland Health and JCU networks
- Free Queensland Health Wifi
- Eduroam Wifi is available (find out how to connect by searching "eduroam" on your university's website)
- Book-able tutorial room for work and study with video conferencing equipment.
Are you at a remote site?
- Yacca Library can connect with you via telehealth or remote desktop access to show you how to use resources including CKN and UpToDate or offer researching support.
- Arrange CKN training or resources for your staff needs.
- We provide extended loan periods and also include free return postage on library items.
- Queensland Health staff can also borrow from other Queensland Health Libraries as interlibrary loans if we don't have the item available locally.
Contact / Visit us
Monday, Wednesday & Thursday 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Tuesday & Friday 8:00am - 5.30pm
email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: (07) 4745 4532
visit us: Mount Isa Hospital, located between the Renal Unit and CRRH
Yacca Library is jointly funded by the North West Hospital & Health Service and the Murtupuni Centre for Rural & Remote Health (James Cook University)